Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Self questioning

So I obviously want to make another short. But the thing for me is... I actually have no idea if I want to. I mean, Prehistoric Age was a hit. Not a million views, but it's doing well. Better than my other videos anyway Aha ha! But being serious here: Let's start it

When Prehistoric Age was done I thought I was going to just jump straight into the next one. But you know... life... anyway. I didn't. I also asked a fellow animator (and friend) if he wanted to help me. To which... I even put his name in a teaser trailer I released. (Which, by the way. Is deleted. We'll get to that in a moment) I thought that would motivate me to push even more. I did a few Backgrounds and concept art for the short. But I fell back because I knew this would take quite a bit of time. Another thing too is I'm having a bunch of life problems..

So I fell back and still not that much work done. I mentioned something to my partner (supposed to be in this project) about paying him and that scared him off for whatever reason. Now it's just me again. I can do it. I mean... I originally planned to anyway. But I feel like having someone else might have sped up the process. A thing too is I wanted to do a lot more with the models I have planned in the short. Some of the Leviatan's were going to have belly shots, overhead shots. But I don't know if I have the time for that

Literally everything is planned and set up. But something is at the back of my head... something makes me think of not doing it. I don't know what it is. But. I will try after a bit. I'm still looking for a job in real life (yes, really) so we'll see what happens

1 comment:

  1. its been very long since i saw you. I last saw one of your videos about 6 years ago. i was little like about 8. and now i missed seeing quality dinosaur pivot videos even though they are dead. thought i might've send this comment as a short story how i loved seeing your videos. and now im going to animate my first pivot dinosaur video. and its going to be hell doing it but hey, i like dinos so imma do it.

    ReplyDelete